To begin with, French is a Romance language from the Indo-European language family. In addition, it is known for being one of the most beautiful languages in the world. Moreover, it is one of the easiest languages to learn for native English speakers. Above all, it is the official language of many countries apart from France such as Belgium, Benin, Burkina, Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central, African, Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte, d’Ivoire, and many more.
Some Facts About the French Language
There are a lot of similarities between English and French and they share a lot of common words. Therefore, an English speaker can easily learn to speak French with a few months of training. France boasts the titles of having many popular films and books around the world and this country also hosts one of the biggest film festivals, the Cannes Film Festival. In addition, many of your idol celebrities like Tom Hiddleston, Shakira, Jodie Foster, Bradley Cooper, and Johnny Depp can speak French. Moreover, French Culinary Words such as Chef, blanching, sautéing, and julienne are very popular and are used everywhere in cooking. Given below are some of the facts about the French language.
- It is the language of Romance.
- French is the 6th most spoken language in the world.
- It is highly popular and its popularity is continuously increasing.
- It is an official diplomatic language.
- French contributes to 29% of English Vocabulary.
- Counting in this language is different.
- It has lots of homophonic words.
- There are no words with the letter ” W” in this language.
Benefits Of Learning French Language
- It is an international language- There are nearly more than 300 million French speakers all over the world. In addition, this language is considered an official language in 24 countries such as France, Belgium, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Ivory Coast, and many more.
- Beneficial For Education- French is one of the popular destinations for higher education and many students from all over the world enroll in French universities each year. This country has some world-renowned universities such as HEC and McGill University. Learning this language provides you a base for your abroad education in France
- For the love of Literature & Art- This language is home to some beautiful movies and a lot of fine literature. Learning this language allows you to fully appreciate French literature as now you can watch the movies and read its books in their original language. To further know about it, one can visit institutes that provide French Language Course in Delhi.
- International job opportunities- It provides good career opportunities as companies and organizations everywhere are seeking bilingual speakers. In addition, French-speaking nations such as France, Belgium, Luxembourg, and many more have high economies. Therefore, multiple companies invest there and they require professionals that can communicate in French.
- A language for travel- France is one of the world’s top tourist destinations attracting more than 87 million visitors a year. Being capable of speaking French allows you to enjoy your France tour to the fullest. In addition, you can easily communicate with the locals and understand them.
- Helps In Learning Other Romance Languages- French is similar to other romantic languages in terms of cognates, vocabulary, sentence structures, and more. In addition, a user can easily have knowledge of other Romance languages after learning French and its foundations.
Some Tips to Learn French
Learning a new language can be hard but with the correct techniques, hard work, and a bit of motivation, you can learn it successfully. Given below are some of the tips that you can implement for learning this language effectively.
- Watch films- Watching films with French subtitles can be beneficial for learning this language.
- Learn with songs- This is a good way of learning this language and it will make you understand the lyrics of songs.
- Join an Institute- Many institutes provide French Language online Training in India and one can enroll in them to learn it.
- Read- Reading comics in this language will help you in learning it. Moreover, it will make you friendly with many words.
- Practice- It’s well said that practice makes a man perfect. So, practice communicating in French and you will master it soon.