If you want to know how to migrate email from AOL to Gmail, then this article will help you. As in this article, we will share all the possible methods which will be helpful for AOL to Gmail migration. Furthermore, we will provide manual and automated solutions with step-by-step guidelines for each method. So, read this informative article and learn migration from the below sections.
Before moving ahead with the solution, let us know some user queries who have similar situation-
User Question: I have been maintaining my email data in Gmail account for many years. But, a colleague of mine sent me some AOL Mail emails with attachments. Now, I’m wondering if I can transfer my AOL mail to a Gmail account. However I am looking for a solution that can easily migrate bulk emails from AOL account. And my major concern is the data security of my existing account. Any one please suggest some best strategy or share professional solution.
Technically, there are two ways you can follow for this migration, i.e. manual way and automated software.
Now, let us learn about both the methods in detail one by one with their step-by-step guides.
Why is Gmail better than an AOL Mail Account?
Gmail is much better than AOL mail account because of its easy to use interface. As it allows every professional or novice user to manage email data.
Apart from this, Gmail also provides the facility to filter spam emails from the inbox folder of the mailbox. This creates a clutter-free mailbox and increases productivity. However, it comes with more storage space for storing data including emails, contacts, calendar etc.
Along with these, the reason for migration can also be to keep professional and personal email separately.
Manually Transfer AOL Account Email to Gmail Account
To use the manual method follow the steps given below-
- First of all, just login with your Gmail account in which you want to transfer AOL emails and click on cog icon >> View all settings.
- Right after that, mouse click on the “Accounts and Import” option and from there, click on “Import Mail and Contacts”. Then, now just enter the email address of your AOL account and press Continue.
- In the Password field section, enter the password for the above email address and hit Continue.
- Thereafter, it will provide a list of various options on the screen to choose from. Select the option as per the migration requirements and go ahead and tap on Start Import option.
Points to Remember While Using Manual Method
All imported emails will automatically be tagged with the same folder name in your Gmail account. Not all email in the Recently Deleted, Drafts, and Junk email folders will transfer from your AOL account to Gmail.
Drawback: Just remember that the manual method provided above is time consuming depending on your AOL mailbox. So, if you have a large AOL mailbox with multiple emails, you’ll have to wait a long time.
So, if you need AOL to Gmail migration with all the folders, it would be better to look for a professional solution. As it will help you with the migration from essential email service with complete data security.
How to Migrate Email from AOL to Gmail Account Safely?
When data security is the biggest concern of the user, it is always recommended to go for a professional solution. And for the same, we suggest you to try IMAP Migrator to IMAP Email Migration Tool for Mac. Using this automated software, you can easily transfer AOL emails to Gmail account on Mac operating system.
For a safe migration, this tool never saves any user account information in its software panel. Plus, there’s the advantage of using the tool for email services other than an AOL or Gmail account. Hence, one can best use this tool for IMAP enabled email service or client migration. However, it keeps all AOL Mail folder hierarchy and email properties the same throughout the process. In short, you can even use this tool to migrate AOL to iCloud platform easily.
Software Benefits for AOL to Gmail Migration
While performing AOL email migration to Gmail account, the user gets many advantages, such as-
- It is much better when it comes to bulk migration from AOL account to Gmail account. Hence, a Mac user can easily transfer bulk emails from AOL user account to the required Gmail account in one go.
- Furthermore, this automated tool also provides a concurrent migration feature through which a user can transfer multiple AOL accounts at once. However, a user can also map the account to a destination account for customized migration. Or simply decide which AOL account should be migrated to the Gmail account first.
- The tool is also helpful for selective migration as needed, which saves Mac users time and effort. Using the date filter function, one can select the required period to migrate emails from the AOL account. After all the settings, this tool will migrate only those AOL emails which fall in that category.
- Moreover, this tool works on all latest and old versions of Mac operating system including MacOS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks), MacOS X 10.10 (Yosemite), MacOS X 10.11 (El Capitan), MacOS X Could 10.12 (Sierra), MacOS X 10.13 (High Sierra), MacOS X 10.14 (Mojave), MacOS X 10.15 (Catalina), MacOS X 11.0 (Big Sur), MacOS X 12.0 (Monterey), Mac OS X 13.0.
- The Delta Migration feature of this automated tool helps to eliminate emails that are already migrated from AOL account to Gmail. However, for a delta migration this option will be applicable after the first migration on Mac OS.
In this article, we have discussed how to migrate emails from AOL to Gmail account in the most secure way. However, to save you from any uncertainty or lengthy process, we have come up with a professional solution. So, a user can use this tool and make the best use of it for bulk migration from AOL account to required Gmail account. So, transfer emails needed to import to Gmail account on Mac operating system. To know about the tool in advanced form one can go for its free demo version and try it for a limited period of time.