Netgear Orbi routers are probably the only mesh networking devices that can give you seamless wireless connectivity on the go. To make sure they work as intended and you get access to wireless internet at all times, you’ll need to configure them. And all that can be achieved, by accessing the Orbi login page. This page can lead you to the setup wizard wherein, you can configure the network settings, and the device settings as well. If you have been looking for ways to access the Netgear Orbi login page, this blog will walk you through the steps for the same.
Orbi Login- Requirements
Before you access the Orbi login page, it is important to understand that the login page address is not a regular URL. Instead, it is based on the local device server. This local device server will need to be accessed if you are looking to access the login page. And, accessing the same becomes possible through a wired or a wireless connection only. The steps to connect to the Netgear Orbi router network are as under:
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the ethernet port on your computer to one of the LAN ports on your Orbi router.
- Once you do that, you’ll see the corresponding LAN LED on your router light up. This is an indication that the router has connected to the computer.
- The computer system will detect the network and show you a notification once connected.
- Enable the WiFi settings on your wireless device and open the WiFi settings.
- Make sure the Wireless is enabled on your router device and it is displaying the SSID.
- The smartphone/wireless device will scan for available wireless networks and a list of the same will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the name of the network that corresponds to your router and click on the Connect button that appears next.
- The wireless device will now connect to the wireless router network and the WLAN LED on your router will light up as well.
Another important requirement you’ll need to fulfill is to collect the default settings details of your Orbi router. The default web address/IP address and the admin credentials will need to be collected. You can find these details mentioned on the product label or in the user manual.
Steps to access the Netgear router login page
Once your computer/wireless device has connected to the router network, you can begin with the login process. Here are some steps you can follow:
- Launch a web browser and in the address bar, type in the default web address ‘orbilogin.net’ and press Enter.
- You can also use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 instead of the web address.
- You will now be taken to the Orbi login page and the username and password-like fields will appear.
- Type in the default credentials in the fields you see on the screen and then click on the Login
You’ll now be logged into your Netgear Orbi device. You can easily configure the network and device settings here, using easy-to-follow on-screen instructions.
Error while using the IP address? Follow these steps
If using the default web address is giving you an error and the IP address isn’t responding as well, there is a great chance that you are using an incorrect web address or the IP address has been changed. Here are some steps you can follow to locate the right IP address for your Netgear Orbi router:
- Press Windows+R key combination and the RUN dialog box will appear.
- Type ‘cmd’ and press Enter. The command prompt window will now appear on the screen.
- Here, use the command ‘ipconfig’ and press enter.
- The Command Prompt window will now show you the details related to the router IP address. Use the IP address you see on the screen to access the Netgear Orbi login page now.